Application and Registration Process for Families NEW to CSWS in September 2017
Thank you so much for your interest in our school. We look forward to welcoming you to visit us.
Upcoming open houses:
- Children must turn 3 years old by August 31st 2017 to start Pre-school in September. We also accept 4 year olds. This is in-line with Kindergarten starting for children who turn 5 by August 31st for Public School.
- Families with children who are 3 or 4 years olds are welcome to apply.
- We do not accept new incoming children who turn 5 before August 31st 2016.
- Please look at our current calendar to see if our schedule works for you as we do not provide traditional full time childcare.
- We work to have a good balance of 3 and 4 years olds as well as boys and girls in each classroom.
- We provide scholarships on a sliding fee. And we accept DSHS, City of Seattle Childcare and GSA payments.
- Typically we have between 40 and 60 spaces available each year. It is not first come first serve (except for the 1st round applications that are due by Feb 29th) and we do not carry over a waitlist from year to year.
Come to an Open House
Drop by any time between 10am and 2pm.
Open Houses are typically held in January and February. These are times for the adults to visit and chat. There will be an opportunity for you to bring your child for a visit before you apply. See Step 2. Babies in arms are always welcome.
Schedule an Observation.
noun | ob·ser·va·tion | /äbz?r'vaSH(?)n/
: the act of careful watching and listening : the activity of paying close attention to someone or something in order to get information
This is the time for you and your child to spend the morning with us. You will start with morning circle in a classroom so you can see what we do and how we do it. Then you will have the chance to see all the other classrooms in action too. It's also an opportunity for us to see your child in our environment so that we can make the best placement decision.
Observations are scheduled Mon thru Thurs and begin promptly at 9am and 9:30am. Plan to stay for a couple of hours so you can see most of the morning routine and all of the classrooms. During your observation the teachers are busy working with our current children. Please observe, take notes if you like and someone will be available during your visit to answer your questions outside of the classroom.
Submit an Application. There is NO application fee.
You MUST do an observation to be able to get the application.
1st round Applications are due in the office by Monday February 29th.
Applications will continue to be accepted however the first round applicants will have priority over the available space for September 2016.
The first round applicants can expect to hear from us mid-March. After that you will receive notification within 2 weeks of submitting your application.
To Accept the space offered to you please sign the forms and submit the one time, nonrefundable $200 enrollment fee. That is due to the office 2 weeks after you received your acceptance letter.
If you do not want to accept your offer, please sign the forms and return to the office within 2 weeks of receiving your offer letter.
Once you have accepted your spot you will be sent a Registration Packet. Complete all the Registration forms and tuition contract and return it with the non-refundable tuition for September.
This payment is due by July 1st 2016 and is applied in full to your September tuition.
The Community School of West Seattle (CSWS) does not discriminate in the administration of its educational
and admissions policies, scholarship programs or any other school administered programs.
CSWS welcomes and admits students and families of any race, color, sexual orientation, national,
ethnic and cultural background, gender, religion, family make-up or circumstances
to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities of the school.